DARLINGTON, UK – Vortex Global Limited, a solids and bulk handling components company, has been recognised with the Materials Handling Engineers’ Association (MHEA) Excellence Award for Supplier of the Year.
The MHEA Excellence Award for Supplier of the Year is intended to recognise companies who have made significant impact on customer successes through outstanding customer service, robust product offerings, excellent product quality, or has exceeded expectations in the bulk materials handling industry. This year, the MHEA Excellence Award for Supplier of the Year was graciously sponsored by Kingfisher Industrial.
In reflection on the project, Jan Le Blansch, owner of LeBlansch Bulk Handling Equipment BV, said:
“Vortex has always strived to offer the correct equipment for even the most challenging applications put forward – while at the same time, continuing to provide quality components of a high standard. We have been working on projects with Vortex Global Limited for many, many years, and it is always a pleasure to stay in contact with the Vortex team.”
The award was presented on Wednesday, October 18, at MHEA’s second-annual Excellence Awards Ceremony & Dinner, hosted in Nottingham, UK, at Eastwood Hall. Other recipients of MHEA Excellence Awards include:
- Apprentice of the Year – Adam Christie, apprentice service engineer, Rotary Power Ltd. Adam was awarded for his commitment and desire to learn and develop, passing his Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Mechatronics with distinction.
- Innovation Award – ConveyorTek Ltd. The company's new High Performance Conveyor Metal Detector can self-calibrate and work with steel cable conveyor belts.
- Project of the Year – Telestack Ltd. Awarded for the scale and throughput achieved with their Titan T1600-8 Bulk Reception Feeder.
- Harold Wright Lifetime Achievement Award – Peter Webster, MHEA secretary. Webster has been involved with MHEA for more than five decades. He has served in various capacities, including MHEA president and vice president. At the dinner, Webster announced his retirement.
Pictured (L to R): Stephen Eastick, European sales manager, Vortex Global Limited; Andrew Davies, inside sales engineer, Vortex Global Limited; Laurence Millington, managing director, Vortex Global Limited; Ashley Maxwell, sales manager - UK & Ireland, Vortex Global Limited.[/caption]
The MHEA Excellence Awards Ceremony & Dinner concluded BULKEX 2017, a two-day conference & exhibition organised by MHEA to provide networking opportunities and present technical knowledge to professionals and organisations from across bulk material handling industries.
“Vortex is proud to receive this award because it recognises our increased presence and success in international bulk handling markets,” said Laurence Millington, managing director at Vortex Global Limited. “It is always a pleasure to work with our international sales groups, such as LeBlansch, on challenging engineered projects. In doing so, we expand our knowledge on the different types of conveying applications, and what equipment is necessary to approach them.
“MHEA is a staunch supporter of UK and overseas companies such as ours, and we enjoy working with likeminded people to advance the knowledge base for bulk handling industries.”
Since its founding in 1938, MHEA has supported the technical and commercial interests of UK and overseas companies supplying and using bulk handling equipment. MHEA helps to generate new business opportunities for its membership, promote the public image, and raise the profile of the industry within government and other key bodies.
MHEA offers many vital benefits to its members, including:
- Industry-level promotion.
- Networking opportunities.
- Representation at events and conferences.
- Knowledge sharing and best practice.
- Education and professional development.
- Access to vast technical expertise.
MHEA currently represents many industry sectors, including:
- Animal food
- Ferrous & nonferrous metal production
- Food & beverage (confectionery, grain, derivatives, etc.)
- Minerals & mining
- Offshore oil & gas
- Solid biofuels
- Water & waste treatment
For more information on MHEA, visit their website.
Vortex Global Limited, a solids and bulk handling components company, has been shortlisted as a finalist for the Materials Handling Engineers’ Association (MHEA) Excellence Award for Supplier of the Year.
Vortex has provided process solutions to many industries, including aggregates, agriculture, aquaculture, cement, chemical, coal, power generation & energy, food & beverage, industrial sand, milling, mining, pet food, petrochemical, plastics, and pharmaceuticals, to name a few...