Designed to close through a standing column of material in the case of an upset condition
Bonnet cover for operator safety and to protect the gate from its environment
Narrow profile for limited space installations
Flange options to match up with equipment above & below the gate
Lifting lugs for ease of installation
Bonnet seal cartridge to prevent material migration
Positive seal to atmosphere
Gravity flow only. In the open position, will seal to atmosphere against slight differential pressure.
Heavy-duty and/or abrasive dry bulk solid materials
6 – 20 in | 150 – 510mm
Contact us for custom sizes
Available in square, round or rectangular sizes. Transition options are available.
Less than 2 in | 50 mm
95 – 440 lb | 45 – 200 kg
Standard flange, ANSI #125/150, DIN PN10
Custom flanges are available
250° F | 120° C for standard gate, with modifications that allow up to 400° F | 205° C
Material Contact Construction
304 stainless steel, carbon steel
Bonnet Seal Construction
ACME threaded rod, 5:1 or 11.5:1 ratio, depending on gate size
Double-acting air cylinder, hand wheel/crank, chain wheel
Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
Vortex Titan Maintenance Gate vs. Alternatives
The design and construction of the Vortex® Titan Maintenance Gate™ offers significant advantages over traditional maintenance gates.
• The Titan Maintenance Gate can be built with either a square or round opening. This allows the Titan Maintenance Gate to be adapted to almost any convey line shape or size.
• With less than 2 inches | 50 millimeters of overall flange-to-flange height, the Titan Maintenance Gate is narrow profile for easier installation when available space is limited.
• The Titan Maintenance Gate’s carbon steel body and frame make it durable and resistant to abrasion, wear and corrosion – both from the material(s) handled and from the environment.
• Many alternative maintenance gates rely on soft rubber seals which are directly exposed to the material flow stream. These seals rapidly erode or tear away in service. This deficiency promotes leakage of materials and dusts past the gate and to atmosphere, in addition to actuation issues and several other maintenance concerns. The Titan Maintenance Gate addresses these issues by incorporating a bonnet seal cartridge, which houses a PTFE-treated packing gland. PTFE-treated packing gland provides greater wear resistance and longer service life than alternative sealing materials. Within the bonnet seal cartridge, the packing gland expands to create a dust-tight seal around the vertical perimeter of the blade. The bonnet seal cartridge shields the packing gland from the material flow stream, to protect it from abrasion. This design maintains the gate’s positive seal with in frequent maintenance intervention. Once the packing gland has experienced significant frictional wear, it can be removed and replaced to restore the gate’s dust-tight seal. This maintenance process can be performed while the gate remains in-line.
• Many alternative maintenance gates use less durable sealing materials which are ill-equipped for handling abrasive and/or higher-temperature materials. For greater temperature- and abrasion-resistance, the Titan Maintenance Gate is designed without polymer seals.