The Vortex Quick Clean Gate is the first slide gate to be USDA Dairy Standard-accepted. It can be disassembled and reassembled in a matter of minutes – without using any tools.
Ideal application: Sanitary dry bulk solid material handling applications that require frequent “Clean out of Place.” The Vortex® Quick Clean Gate™ can be washed down daily, during shift change, or on any other regular cleaning or sanitation schedule. This eliminates potential for microorganisms, spoilage and bacterial growth.
Press-lock latches for internal access without tools
Specially designed clevis allows for quick blade removal
Can be installed and/or removed without manipulating other equipment
Machined, full-bore orifice for unobstructed material flow
Mechanically self-cleans its seals on the opening stroke, if actuated to full-open
FDA-compliant & USDA Dairy Standard-accepted
No internal cavities to prevent wedging, lodging & spoilage
Narrow profile for limited space applications
Gravity flow only. Contact us to discuss suitability for use in low pressure/vacuum applications.
Non-abrasive powders, pellets and granules in applications where regular sanitation is required. Can be used to handle sticky and/or reactive materials.
2 – 10 in | 50 – 255 mm
ID & OD diameters are available.
Also available in schedule 10, 20 or 40 pipe sizes.
Available in round sizes.
4 3/8in | 111 mm
30 – 110 lb | 15 – 50 kg
Ferrule-type fittings, tube stubs, thru-bolt, ANSI #125/150 Custom flanges are available
180° F | 82° C for standard gate
304 stainless steel
Material Contact Options
304 or 316L stainless steel
Pressure Plate Construction
PET & silicone rubber
Seals should be hand-cleaned in treatment solutions not exceeding 180°F | 80°C
Load Seal Construction
Double-acting air cylinder
Cylinder Shaft, Barrel Nuts & Tie Rod Construction
303 stainless steel
Magnetic reed switches
Material Flow Controls
AVP *Gate must cycle to full-open between runs to keep the displacement area clear of materials
Learn More >
ATEX Zone 20 (internal), ATEX Zone 21 (external), FDA, USDA Dairy Standard
Material / metal contact is 316L stainless steel.
*Additional modifications available based on application.
Vortex Quick Clean Orifice Gate vs. Alternatives
The Vortex® Quick Clean Gate™ offers unique features and many distinct advantages over typical butterfly valves, pinch valves, ball valves and slide gates used in sanitary applications.
• Alternative slide gates and other valves can be problematic if they cannot be readily disassembled and sanitized. If materials collect in a valve's sealing surfaces, cross-contamination, spoilage and bacterial growth can result. The Quick Clean Gate’s ability to be “Cleaned out of Place” ensures product safety and quality.
• The Quick Clean Gate is specifically designed to accelerate the sanitation process, so that downtime is significantly reduced. The Quick Clean Gate’s compression coupling connections and its press-lock latches allow for quick disassembly, sanitation and reassembly without tools.
• Many alternative slide gates have open cavities where materials can lodge and prevent positive material shut-off. Lodging can also create seal wear and material degradation, and cause a gate to seize and bind. Lodged materials also create risk for cross-contamination and spoilage. To prevent lodging and ensure positive gate closure, such cavities have been eliminated in the Quick Clean Gate's design. The Quick Clean Gate is designed to mechanically clear materials away from the sealing surfaces with each opening stroke. This ensures migrant materials are forced back out of the seals and are discharged into the process line, rather than packing in the seals and causing actuation and/or contamination issues.
• A butterfly valve's rotating disc is directly exposed to the material flow steam, which creates wear to the disc itself. This can result in foreign metal fragment contamination. The exposed disc also obstructs material flow as they pass through the valve, which can cause line plugs and other maintenance concerns. To resolve these issues, the Quick Clean Gate’s sliding blade is machined with an unobstructed, full-bore orifice that allows unrestricted material movement.
• Alternative slide gates and butterfly valves can significantly shear materials, as a result of jamming and grinding materials into the seals. Sheared materials cause seal wear, material degradation and damaged product quality. Sheared materials may also wedge in the seals, causing the gate to seize and bind. To address these issues, the Quick Clean Gate's "scissoring" action tapers off material flow throughout closure. In keeping the pressure plate seals clear of materials, their service life is also extended.