Power of Comparison
Vortex Titan Pressure Valve vs. Alternatives
• Many alternative slide gates and butterfly valves rely on seals which are directly exposed to the material flow stream. These seals rapidly erode or tear away in service. This deficiency promotes leakage of materials and dusts past the gate and to atmosphere, in addition to actuation issues and several other maintenance concerns. To address these issues, the Vortex® Titan Pressure Valve™ is designed without polymeror elastomer seals. This ensures the gate's seal is not compromised by extreme pressure, temperature or abrasion. This design maintains the gate's positive seal with infrequent maintenance intervention.
• Many alternative slide gates pack materials into an end seal, preventing positive closure. This promotes material leakage through the valve, can cause blade damage, and can cause other actuation issues. Upon gate closure, the Titan Pressure Valve’s sliding blade "rises" upward into a seat, rather than a true end seal, so that materials remaining at the leading edge of the blade can fall away into the process line below, rather than packing into an end seal. This design provides a better seal of materials and dusts in high pressure applications.
• A butterfly valve's rotating disc is directly exposed to the material flow steam, which creates wear to the disc itself. The exposed disc also disrupts convey line pressures and obstructs material flow as they pass through the valve, which can cause line plugs and other maintenance concerns. To resolve these issues, when the Titan Pressure Valve is open, its sliding blade is recessed to create an unobstructed opening that maintains convey line pressure and allows unrestricted material movement.
• The Titan Pressure Valve features spring-loaded blade guides along the full stroke ofthe gate to ensure the blade is kept in constant contact with the seals throughout each actuation. The blade guides also assist in “lifting” the blade into its end seat. This design ensures the gate’s positive seal of materials and dusts over time. The Titan Pressure Valve also features an additional spring-loaded blade guide that runs perpendicular to the sliding blade. This strengthens the center of the blade to further ensure the gate’s positive seal.
• In high pressure applications, the Titan Pressure Valve’s required air purge assembly is essential to keeping fine materials in the flow stream and out of the body of the valve.