Live loaded, wear compensating hard polymer bonnet and side seals
Displacement pocket prevents wedging and packing into an end seal. For fine materials, standard end seal is available.
Seals are protected by a series of deflectors and wear liners to reduce wear and extend service life
Cam-adjustable rollers for in-line maintenance
Optional return pan to redirectmigrant materials in the gate’s bonnet area back into the material flow
Constructed from specialized metals and polymers for application-specific durability and abrasion resistance
No pinch points or exposed moving point for safety
No internal cavities to prevent wedging, lodging & spoilage
Narrow profile for limited space applications
Gravity flow only
Heavy-duty and/or abrasive powders, pellets and granules. Modifications available for handling abrasive, fine materials.
6 – 30 in | 150 – 750 mm
Contact us for custom sizes
Available in square or rectangular sizes. Round transition options are available
4 – 6 in | 100 – 150 mm
50 – 560 lb | 25 – 255 kg
Custom flanges are available
250°F | 120°C for standard gate, with modifications that allow up to 400°F | 205°C
Material Contact Options
400 BHN abrasion-resistant steel, carbon steel, 304 stainless steel
Bonnet & Side Seal Options
PET, 25% glass-filled PTFE
Load Seal Options
Hardened steel, 304 stainless steel, bronze bushings
End Seal Construction
25% glass-filled PTFE
Double-acting air cylinder
Proximity switches, magnetic reed switches and/or clear bonnet cover for visual indication
Material Flow Controls
AVP, IVP, VPO, VPC - Learn More >
Dual cylinder actuators
Return pan & Special Service Inlet
ATEX Zone 20 (internal), ATEX Zone 21 (external), FDA
Product contact areas are made of 304 stainless steel. Rollers are 304 stainless steel and roller stud bolts are 304 or 18-8 stainless.
Modifications are made allowing 400 F (204 C) continuous to 450 F (232 C) intermittent service.
Bonnet is manufactured with solid, gasketed covers. (Allows the valve to accept air purge.)
Clear power covers are provided for the observation of gate blade position.
Additional silicone rubber bonnet seal and a precision ground blade to prevent leaking of fine material to atmosphere.
Standard end seal and end deflector are removed and replaced with a larger end seal, displacement pocket filled and a lower end seal retainer added.
*Additional modifications available based on application.
Vortex Titan Slide Gate vs. Alternatives
The Vortex® Titan Slide Gate™ provides significant advantages over alternative roller-supported slide gates:
• Many alternative roller-supported slide gates rely on soft rubber seals which are directly exposed to the material flow stream. These seals rapidly erode or tear away in service. Others rely on bonnet packing, which can relax and allow material packing in the bonnet area. These deficiencies promote leakage of materials and dusts past the gate and to atmosphere, in addition to actuation issues and several other maintenance concerns. The Titan Slide Gate addresses these issues by incorporating "live loaded" hard polymer bonnet seals and side seals. Hard polymer provides greater wear resistance and longer service life than alternative sealing materials. The hard polymer seals are "live loaded" with compressed rubber backing to ensure even as the polymer experiences frictional wear from many actuations over time, the rubber load seals continuously force the polymer seals against the sliding blade. When equipped with a Special Service Inlet, the seals and rollers are also shielded from the material flow stream, to protect them from abrasion. This design maintains the gate's positive seal of materials/dust-tight seal with infrequent maintenance intervention.
• If materials and dusts begin to migrate and collect in the gate's bonnet area, it indicates that the gate's bonnet seals have partially worn and the compression load is lessened, causing the seals to no longer be forced against the sliding blade as they should be. With this maintenance indication, the Titan Slide Gate features access slots on each side of the gate that allow bonnet seal replacement while the gate remains in-line. Using simple tools, new bonnet seals are driven into one access port as the worn bonnet seals are simultaneously ejected on the other side of the gate, through the opposite access port.
• Many alternative slide gates allow metal-on-metal sliding, which creates galling. This causes a gate to seize and bind, and can create foreign metal fragment contamination. The Titan Slide Gate's hard polymer seals eliminate metal-on-metal contact to resolve each of these concerns.
• Many alternative roller-supported slide gates have open cavities where materials can wedge and prevent positive material shut-off. Wedging can also create seal wear and material degradation, and cause a gate to seize and bind. Wedged materials also create risk for cross-contamination and spoilage. To prevent wedging and ensure positive gate closure, the Titan Slide Gate's sliding blade is designed to mechanically clear materials away from the sealing surfaces with each actuation. With each closing stroke, the Titan Slide Gate mechanically self-cleans its side seals. With each opening stroke, the gate's bonnet seals prevent the blade from carrying materials back into the bonnet area. Both of these considerations ensure migrant materials are forced back out of the seals and are discharged into the process line, rather than packing in the seals and causing actuation issues.
• Many alternative slide gates pack materials into an end seal, preventing positive closure. This promotes material leakage through the valve, can cause blade damage, and can cause other actuation issues. In the Titan Slide Gate, the leading edge of the sliding blade is beveled. The gate is also designed with a displacement pocket, rather than a true end seal. Both of these features ensure that materials remaining at the leading edge of the blade can fall away into the process line below, rather than packing into an end seal.