The Vortex Seal Tite Diverter is used to divert material from one source toward two or three destinations in gravity flow applications requiring a dust-tight seal and/or minimal cross-contamination. It handles a wide range of dry bulk materials, including non-abrasive to moderately abrasive powder, pellets and granules. It has many industry applications, including food, chemical, plastics, and agriculture, among others.
The Vortex Seal Tite Diverter is available in both traditional (also known as: "Y-type," "pant diverter," or "A-style") and straight-leg (also known as: "straight-through" or "K-style") diverting designs.
- Two-way or three-way diverting designs.
- Leading edge of the blade enters into a recessed area. This protects the seals and the blade's leading edge from abrasion as materials pass through the valve, which is critical to maintaining seal integrity and inhibiting material leakage into the opposite leg(s).
- Replaceable, wear-compensating seal beneath the blade shaft. The shaft seal is constructed from hard polymer with compressed rubber backing. As the hard polymer experiences frictional wear from many actuations over time, the compressed rubber backing continuously forces the polymer seal upward, against the blade shaft. The purpose of the shaft seal is to prevent material build-up and/or spoilage beneath the blade shaft, while also preventing material migration into the opposite leg(s).
- Removable access panel allows interior inspection and/or maintenance to be performed while the valve remains in-line.
- Replaceable blade and seals, to prolong service life.