End Product: Kitty litter
- Two-way, straight-leg diverting design.
- Body constructed from carbon steel.
- Inlet chute & “pivoting” chute constructed from 400 Brinell Hardness Number (BHN) abrasion-resistant steel.
- Chutes & other material contact areas feature replaceable polyurethane liners.
- Inlet & outlets to match 10 in | 255 mm schedule 20 pipe.
- ANSI B16.5 Class 300 flanges.
- Off-leg offset 45° from vertical.
- Outdoor installation.
Bentonite clay has unique material characteristics; namely, it is both abrasive and sticky. For these reasons, the Vortex Pivoting Chute Diverter was selected for its robust construction (to address abrasion) and because it does not have internal seals (where sticky materials can pack and cause actuation issues).
The Vortex Pivoting Chute Diverter features a replaceable material containment bar at the interior juncture of the outlet legs. This hinders errant materials from migrating into the opposite leg. It also features a removable access panel allows interior inspection and/or maintenance to be performed while the diverter remains in-line.
This client specified the diverter be supplied with an air control assembly and a check valve, to prevent the “pivoting” chute from moving in the instance of plant air loss. The diverter was also supplied with proximity switches, for chute position indication.