The Vortex Titan Lined Diverter is designed for use in gravity flow applications where heavy-duty and/or abrasive dry materials are diverted from one source toward either two or three destinations. Materials commonly handled by Vortex Titan Lined Diverters include aggregates, rock, glass, cullet, sand, refractory mix and clinker, among many others. It is the ideal solution for applications which require a positive seal of materials and dusts across the closed outlet leg(s).
- The Vortex Titan Lined Diverter is designed with a recessed area, in order to channel material flow away from the leading edge of the flaper blade. This feature is critical to maintain seal integrity and inhibit material leakage into the closed leg(s) of the valve. Other flapper diverters are not designed with a recessed area, leaving the leading edge of the blade exposed to the material flow stream. Often times, this design packs materials between the flapper blade and the diverter body, creating seal damage and allowing material leakage past the blade.
- The Vortex Titan Lined Diverter is designed with a shaft seal beneath the flapper blade, to prevent material migration into the opposite leg(s). Other flapper diverters often are not designed with a shaft seal.
- The Vortex Titan Lined Diverter is designed with replaceable abrasion-resistant liners throughout its interior, to extend the service life of the valve. Other flapper diverters often are not designed with abrasion-resistant liners. Without liners, wear and abrasion from the materials handled eventually will create holes in the diverter body. In this case, the entire diverter must be replaced, rather than replacing parts.
- The Vortex Titan Lined Diverter is designed with a removable access panel that allows interior inspection and/or maintenance while the valve remains in-line. Because other flapper diverters must be removed from the process line in order to perform service, the inclusion of a removable access panel significantly reduces downtime and total maintenance cost.
Other features of the Vortex Titan Lined Diverter include:
- Durable metal materials of construction, including carbon steel and 400 Brinell Hardness Number (BHN) abrasion-resistant steel.
- Square & round sizes, inlet & outlet transitions, flange options, and custom bolt hole patterns to match up with equipment above and below the diverter.
- Modifications available to address handled material temperatures, corrosiveness, moisture exposure, and explosive environments.