- Double-dump configuration.
- Gate bodies & material contact areas constructed from carbon steel.
- Beveled blades.
- Blades & liners constructed from 400 Brinell Hardness Number (BHN) abrasion-resistant steel.
- Cam-adjustable blade rollers constructed from hardened steel.
- Gate #1: Round inlet transition flange.
- Connecting chute length: 15 in | 380 mm (square).
- Connecting chute designed with a removable access panel, for clean-out.
- Gate #2: Round outlet transition flange.
- Double-acting air cylinder actuators equipped with a magnetic piston, to be used with magnetic reed switches for gate position indication.
- Sealed bodies: Standard perforated bonnet cover is replaced with solid aluminum covers, gasketed with silicone sponge rubber.
- Factory supplied with pre-wired terminal boxes, for ease of installation.
This Vortex gate replaced a less robust gate. The Vortex gate offers added features and improved life-cycle costs.
Bonnet seals are important to hinder material migration into the bonnet area. Otherwise, gate actuation issues can result. The Titan Slide Gate features wear-compensating bonnet seals constructed from hard polymer and compressed rubber backing. As the polymer experiences frictional wear from many actuations over time, the compressed rubber load seals continuously force the polymer seal against the sliding blade. This ensures a consistent seal with infrequent maintenance intervention, even as the hard polymer seals experience wear over time.
After many cycles over time, the bonnet seals will lose their compression load and, therefore, must be replaced. The Titan Slide Gate is designed so that the bonnet seals can be easily replaced while the gate remains in-line. Using simple tools, the slot covers can be removed and new bonnet seals can be driven into the milled access slots, as the worn bonnet seals are simultaneously ejected out the other side of the gate.
Many slide gates are designed to close into a true end seal. The Vortex Titan Slide Gate (TSG) replaces the true end seal design with a displacement pocket design. This prevents wedging and material packing upon gate closure.