In 2016, Vortex was approached by a systems group at the IAOM Conference & Expo. A flour mill in Texas, USA had contacted the systems group to consider adding Vortex Loading Spouts to their loadout station. Engineers from Vortex and the systems group discussed the project on multiple occasions throughout the week. Once back in the office, the engineers continued to collaborate until they were able to identify a solution:
- (Qty. 2) 10 ft | 3 m
- (Qty. 6) 7 ft | 2 m
Outlet Scavenger Size: 20 in | 510 mm (diameter)
Load Rate Capacity: Up to 250 ftᶾ/min (CFM) | 245 mᶾ/h (CMH)
- Explosion-proof design.
- Rated for IP54 and Class 2 Div 2 Groups E, F & G.
- Enclosed loading application.
- Indoor installation.
- Internal stacking cones constructed from 235 Brinell Hardness Number (BHN) abrasion-resistant steel.
- Discharge scavenger construct from 304 stainless steel.
- Outer sleeve constructed from 18 oz | 0.5 kg vinyl (PVC)-coated polyester.
- Inner & outer support rings constructed from aluminum.
- Driven by a right angle gear-type reducer @ 60:1 ratio. Powered by a 230-460 VAC/three-phase/60 Hz TEFC electric brake motor.
- Equipped with 24VDC NEMA 4-rated IP67 upper & slack cable limit switches, pre-set and factory-wired into a NEMA 4-rated IP66 enclosure.
- Four-cable hoist drive system.
- CNC-machined three-piece pulleys with rounded edges and precision cable grooves, to significantly reduce cable wear and backlash. For this reason, Vortex lifting cables come with a 10-year warranty.
- Equipped with a Material Level-Sensing Kit & Tilt Probe.
- Equipped with a 6-button Remote Control Pendant: 1. Emergency Stop (push button), 2. System Remote/Local (selector switch), 3. Spout Travel Up (push button), 4. Spout Travel Down (push button), 5. Product Flow Start (push button), 6. Product Flow Stop (push button)