The Vortex Maintenance Gate is designed to shut off material from a hopper or silo when maintenance of downstream equipment is required. In the open position, it positively seals conveying air and material to atmosphere. The hand crank gearing is designed to close through material in case of an upset condition.
Key Industries Served: Agriculture, Chemicals, Foods, Minerals, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Textiles
Rated for ATEX Zone 0/20 internal and Zone 1/21 external
- Self-cleaning action on closure eliminates material build-up
- Unobstructed opening
- Seals protected from blast abrasion
- Serviceable while in-line
- Narrow profile
- Food friendly options available
- Material construction options available
- Gravity flow or dilute phase pneumatic conveying (pressure or vacuum)
- Handles powder, granules and pellets
- Horizontal or vertical valve orientation
- Standard sizes: 6″ – 18″ | 150mm – 450mm | Contact us for custom sizes
- The Vortex Maintenance Gate is competitively priced with traditional carbon steel maintenance gates.
- Corrosion-resistant materials of construction provide long-term and reliable service without the seizing and binding associated with carbon steel maintenance gates.
- The hard polymer liner and 304 stainless steel blade make this valve an excellent choice in food handling or other applications where carbon steel or aluminum meal material contact is not acceptable.
|Size/Bore Options||6” to 18” Diameter Round or Square|
|Media||Powder, Pellets, Granulars|
|Connection Options||SVC Standard Flange, ANSI, DIN, JIS, or Custom Flanges|
|Media Temperature||Up to 180°F (82°C) continuous to 250°F (121°C) intermittent service, modifications allow up to 400°F (204°C) continuous to 450°F (232°C) intermittent service|
|Media Pressure/Vacuum||Up to15 psig, 1 barg, depending on size (only in the open position)|
|Valve Construction Options||304 or 316L Stainless Steel, Aluminum, and/or Carbon Steel|
|Material Contact Options||304 or 316L Stainless Steel|
|Seal/Seat Material||Nylon, PET, UHMW, Glass Filled Teflon, Natural Rubber, and/or Silicone Rubber|
|Position Confirmation||Visual Indication, Proximity Switch|
|Compliance Approvals||CE, ATEX, FDA|
|Industry Use||Agriculture, Chemicals, Foods, Minerals, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Textiles|
|*more modifications available based on application|
Blade and gate liner are made of 304 stainless steel.
Blade and gate liner are made of 316L stainless steel.
Modifications are made allowing 400 F (204 C) continuous to 450 F (232 C) intermittent service.
Gate blade is electropolished. Polyethylene (PET or UHMW) pressure plate seals are used to replace nylon.
Click here to view Dimensional Information