The unique design of the Vortex® Flex Tube Diverter™ eliminates material cross contamination through a positive seal across the closed port. Pockets where material can lodge and remain trapped have also been eliminated. A smooth unobstructed transition from inlet to outlet shields the wear compensating seals from abrasion.
Key Industries Served: Agriculture, Chemicals, Foods, Minerals, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Textiles
Rated for ATEX Zone 0/20 internal and Zone 1/21 external
- Eliminates cross contamination
- Diverts or converges material flow
- Unobstructed opening
- Available in 2 or 3-way configurations
- No pinch points or exposed moving parts for safe operation
- Food friendly options available
- Designed for vacuum or dilute phase pneumatic conveying
- Handles non-abrasive to mildly abrasive powders, granules and pellets
- Choice of flexible tube
- Material construction options available
- Standard sizes: 2″ – 8″ | 50mm – 200mm | Contact us for custom sizes
Housing encloses all moving parts to eliminate external pinch points and support the flex tube.
Shim removal for seal adjustment while valve is in-line.
This diagram shows the isolation of the off leg to eliminate material cross contamination.
- The Flex Tube Diverter allows you the convenience of continuous conveying; being able to “shift on the fly” when handling non-abrasive materials.
- Rotating tunnel diverters have seals which are exposed to excessive wear when changing ports and are prone to seizing and binding due to material build-up in the housing. The Flex Tube Diverter has net-running “live loaded” wear compensating hard polymer seals which are self-cleaning on each actuation.
- Ordinary flapper-style diverter valves rely on soft elastomer seals which are exposed to blast abrasion causing them to erode rapidly, permitting material leakage into the closed line. The design of the Flex Tube Diverter protects sealing surfaces from blast abrasion, providing for long-term, reliable service.
- Unshielded conventional hose diverters have hazardous exposed pinch points and are open to environmental dirt and moisture. The Vortex Flex Tube Diverter has a stainless steel housing to support the flexible tube, guard pinch points, and offer protection from the environment.
|Size/Bore Options||2” to 8” Diameters, Pipe or Tube|
|Media||Powder, Pellets, Granulars|
|Connection Options||ANSI, DIN, JIS, Compression Couplings, Custom Flanges|
|Media Temperature||180°F (82°C) for standard gate with modifications allow up to 400°F (204°C)|
|Media Pressure/Vacuum||Up to 15 psig, 0.1 MPa, 1 barg (depending on size)|
|Valve Construction Options||304 or 316L Stainless Steel, Aluminum, and/or Carbon Steel|
|Material Contact Options||304 or 316L Stainless Steel, Aluminum and/or Carbon Steel|
|Seal/Seat Material||Nylon, PET, UHMW, Glass Filled Teflon, Natural Rubber, and/or Silicone Rubber|
|Drive/Acuation||Double Acting Air Cylinder and Solenoid Operated Air Control Valve, Electric Actuator or Hand Wheel|
|Position Confirmation||Magnetic Reed or Proximity Switch|
|Compliance Approvals||CE, ATEX, FDA|
|Industry Use||Agriculture, Chemicals, Foods, Minerals, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Textiles|
|*more modifications available based on application|
Directional flex hose is installed for material to run through the valve from one port to two ports.
Directional flex hose is installed for material to run through the valve from two ports to one port.
Material / metal contact is 316L stainless steel.
Modifications are made allowing 250 F (121 C) continuous to 300 F (149 C) intermittent service.
Gate blade is electropolished. Polyethylene (PET) or (UHMW) pressure plate seals are used.
Utilizing Schedule 10 or Schedule 40 Pipe
Click here to view Dimensional Information