The Vortex Pivoting Chute Diverter has been named one of Processing Magazine's Breakthrough Products for 2016.
Vortex developed the Pivoting Chute Diverter for handling heavy-duty and/or abrasive dry materials in gravity flow applications. Such materials include industrial sand, limestone, coal, gypsum, clinker, gravel, bauxite, whole grains, and minerals. The diverter body houses a chute that pivots to direct material flow toward two or three destinations.
The main advantages of the Pivoting Chute Diverter are:
- There are no internal seals to maintain.
- It is constructed from and is lined with durable metal materials (e.g. abrasion-resistant steel and/or chromium carbide, among others) to address abrasion from the material(s) handled.
- Its removable access panel allows inspection and/or maintenance to be performed while the valve remains in-line.
- It is dust-tight to atmosphere.
- The chute can pivot through a flowing column of materials, depending on material particle size.
- The chute can be pivoted to a midpoint, in order to split flow toward two destinations simultaneously. (Note: Because flow is shared from one source toward two destinations, flow rates toward each leg will be reduced, compared to typical one-to-one flow rates.)