Chemical Company – Eastern USA
1 Engineered Roller Gate
55 x 28 in (rectangular) | 1,400 x 710 mm 1,465 lb | 665 kg
After rebuilding a silo, the end user sourced this gate to feed powdered adipic acid into a screw conveyor below. Powdered adipic acid is used in the production of nylon.
- Both engineered roller gates are housed in a common frame, closing toward the center of the frame. (Figure 1)
- A custom engineered Special Service Inlet protects against wear to the seals and blade rollers as materials pass through either gate. (Figure 2)
- Dual cylinder pneumatic actuators on both ends of the gate. (Figure 3)
- Two independently operated blades (one on each end of the gate).
- Four lifting lugs (one on each side of both bonnet areas) to aid in gate installation.
- Gate frame, blades & other material contact areas constructed from 304 stainless steel to address compatibility issues when handling acidic materials.