Designed to address higher-pressure applications up to 75 psig (5 barg) depending on size, the Vortex® HDPV2™ sets itself apart from traditional industry slide gates. The rising blade design provides positive material shut-off by means of an O-ring seal on the inlet of the valve. This design feature eliminates the issues related to packing of material causing abrasion to the end seal.
Key Industries Served: Agriculture, Chemicals, Foods, Minerals, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Textiles
Rated for ATEX Zone 0/20 internal and Zone 1/21 external
- Seals fine material in higher aeration or pressure applications
- Patented rising blade action ensures optimal seal
- Seals protected from blast abrasion
- Serviceable while in-line
- Does not pack material upon closure
- Material construction options available
- Food friendly options available
- Gravity flow, dilute phase, or dense phase conveying
- Designed to handle abrasive or sticky materials
- Horizontal or vertical valve orientation
- Open / closed or volume metering of material
- Standard sizes: 4″ – 16″ | 100mm – 400mm | Contact us for custom sizes
- A butterfly valve’s blade disc is always in flow stream. The leading edge of blade is abraded away as material flows through valve, degrading the sealing capacity. The HDPV2 features an unobstructed orifice eliminating blade abrasion while material flows through the valve.
- Typical slide gates pack material into the end of the valve preventing full closure. The HDPV2 has a built in displacement area at the end of the valve body preventing material buildup. The blade self-cleans on the closing stroke allowing any residual material to flow through the valve after the blade has sealed reducing the need for maintenance and costly downtime.
- Cartridge assembly is serviceable while valve is in-line
- Wider bonnet area and elimination of pocket allows for easy blade removal
- Replaceable nylon insert on clevis allows for easy and inexpensive maintenance (standard temp only)
- All sealing joints have reusable pre-cut gaskets
- Air cylinder mount is incorporated into the frame reducing leakage areas
- Additional room in the bonnet area simplifies the blade removal
- Adjustable exterior components restore sealing capability as valve wears
|Size/Bore Options||4” to 16” Diameters|
|Media||Powder, Pellets, Granulars|
|Connection Options||ANSI, DIN, JIS, Custom Flanges available|
|Media Temperature||Up to 250°F (121°C) continuous to 300°F (148°C) intermittent service, Modifications allow up to 400°F (204°C) continuous to 450°F (232°C) intermittent service|
|Media Pressure/Vacuum||Up to +0.5 MPa, 5 barg, 75 psig, depending on size|
|Valve Construction Options||Cast Aluminum Body|
|Material Contact Options||304 or 316L Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel|
|Seal/Seat Material||Nylon, PET, UHMW, Glass Filled Teflon, Natural Rubber, and/or Silicon|
|Drive/Acuation||Double Acting Air Cylinder and Solenoid Operated Air Control Valve|
|Position Confirmation||Magnetic Switch, Proximity, or Mechanical Limit Switches|
|Compliance Approvals||CE, ATEX, FDA|
|Industry Use||Agriculture, Chemicals, Foods, Minerals, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Textiles|
|*more modifications available through application specialist|
304 Stainless Steel Material Contact
316L Stainless Material Contact
PET Replaces Nylon for the blade support guides.
Replace Inlet ANSI pattern Flange with flange pattern to match DIN mounting pattern. (Includes metric inserts) Replace Lower Flange on Outlet Return Pan to include holes laser cut to match DIN mounting pattern.
Modifications are made allowing 400 F (204 C) continuous to 450 F (232 C) intermittent service.
Add welded integral Special Service Inlet to standard Insert Flange and Insert Ring Assembly. (Must be oriented on closing end of valve stroke)
Click here to view Dimensional Information