The Vortex Single-Axis Positioner allows spout movement along either an X-axis or a Y-axis. Depending on orientation, a Single-Axis Positioner can either be moved from front-to-back or side-to-side above a loading vessel.
The Vortex Dual-Axis Positioner allows spout movement along both an X- and Y-axis, allowing it to traverse from front-to-back and side-to-side above a loading vessel.
The support pan stays stationary, allowing the hopper to easily slide and find its destination.
The traversing hopper connects to the spout and allows for exact positioning.
The inlet cone and traversing hopper are constructed from the same metal material(s) as specified for the loading spout's material contact areas (i.e. stacking cones). The fixed support pan is constructed from A36 mild steel.
· 235 BHN abrasion-resistant steel
· 400 BHN abrasion-resistant steel
· 304 stainless steel
· 316L stainless steel
· Single-Axis Positioner: (qty. 1) 1 HP motor with 80:1 gear reducer
· Dual-Axis Positioner: (qty. 2) 1 HP motors with 80:1 gear reducersVortex® Spout Positioner motors are three-phase motor/reducer drive units which feature an integral braking system. Single-phase motors are available.
Standard Sizes· Single-Axis Positioners: 2 – 10 ft | 0.6 – 3 m
· Dual-Axis Positioners: 2x2 – 6x4 ft | 0.6x0.6 – 1.8x1.2 m