The Vortex Fill Pass Diverter is specifically engineered to handle dry bulk solids in vacuum or dilute phase pneumatic conveying systems with pressures up to 15 psig (1 barg) depending on size. It provides a versatile and reliable solution for filling one or more in-line weigh hoppers when material is conveyed pneumatically through a closed loop system. The design of the Fill Pass Diverter utilizes spread hopper inlet/outlet stacks for improved air and material separation reducing fill time and down line material carryover.
Key Industries Served: Agriculture, Chemicals, Foods, Minerals, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Textiles
Rated for ATEX Zone 0/20 internal and Zone 1/21 external
- Separates air and material before filling the hopper
- Shifts “on the fly”
- Weigh from up to 5 sources and/or materials
- Positive seal through closed ports
- Unobstructed opening
- Serviceable while in-line
- Food friendly options available
- Designed for vacuum or dilute phase pneumatic conveying
- Handles nonabrasive powders, granules and pellets
- Unique stackable valve design
- Material construction options available
- Standard sizes: 2″ – 6″ | 50mm – 150mm | Contact us for custom sizes
- Inherent in their design, traditional fill pass valves have exposed seals which abrade away or no seals at all allowing leakage. The Vortex Fill Pass Valve has a positive leak-tight seal.
- The Fill Pass Diverter provides positive material shut-off resulting in accurate scale weights. No additional material is added to a bin once it has been weighed.
- Food grade polymer seals and stainless steel metal material contact construction provide an economical system design.
|Size/Bore Options||2” to 6” Diameters, Pipe or Tube|
|Media||Powder, Pellets, Granulars|
|Connection Options||Compression Couplings|
|Media Temperature||Up to 250°F (121°C) continuous to 300°F (148°C) intermittent service|
|Media Pressure/Vacuum||1 barg, 15 psig, depending on size|
|Valve Construction Options||304 or 316L Stainless Steel, Aluminum, and/or Carbon Steel|
|Material Contact Options||304 or 316L Stainless Steel|
|Seal/Seat Material||Nylon, PET, UHMW, Glass Filled Teflon, Rubber, Natural Rubber, and/or Silicone Rubber|
|Drive/Acuation||Double Acting Air Cylinder with Solenoid Operated Air Control Valve|
|Position Confirmation||Magnetic Reed or Proximity Switch|
|Compliance Approvals||CE, ATEX, FDA|
|Industry Use||Agriculture, Chemicals, Foods, Minerals, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Textiles|
|*more modifications available based on application|
Material contact is 316L stainless steel.
A standard tube size diverter is modified with pipe size inlets and outlets. The -P1 modification would match schedule 10 pipe.
A standard tube size diverter is modified with pipe size inlets and outlets. The -P4 modification would match schedule 40 pipe.
Gate blade is electropolished. Polyethylene (PET or UHMW) pressure plate seals are used to replace nylon.
Click here to view Dimensional Information